For this month's challenge, we're gonna build our art skills and practice drawing characters with unique features. You are challenged to select an animal...and transform that animal into a human character by February 14
. Then, I will assign everyone one of the drawn human characters to transform back into an animal of their choice. The trick? You don't know what the original animal was. You can only go by the human features the original artist made to guess what the animal should be.Submissions so far:The process:
- Pick an animal or, if you'd like, an animal character from your favorite show, book or movie. (if you're not sure where to start, check out the animals in the photo gallery on dA or comment "assign me!" and I'll pick an animal for you.)
- Use the animal as your inspiration to design a human character.
- Submit your human character to dA and link it to this journal in a comment. Important: Do not mention what animal inspired the human character design!
- On Feb 14, I will assign you someone else's human character.
- You will draw an animal inspired by the design of the human character.
- At the end of the month, we'll get to see how close everyone got to the original inspiration!
- No anthro designs. None of that nonsense about giving your human character designs animal ears and a tail. Kick it up a notch!
- Anything from concept sketches to a final completed art piece are accepted.
- Sci-fi and fantasy elements are fine. But see rule 1.
- The animal can also inspire setting, background, and clothing. Just, you know, don't give your owl-inspired character a shirt that says "I love owls."
- When you're done, post a link to your piece in a comment in this journal.
- Do not tell anyone what your original animal inspiration was until I note you at the end of February.
- Have fun.
PS. If you'd like an extra challenge and practice, you can do more than one animal-to-human transformation. Only one will count for Round 2, but the other extras you do can be for fun.
Some resources on giving your character unique features: